Friday, September 18, 2009

I'm down 11 lbs now, and hovering near the 12 lb mark. I find that I lose about 3 lbs a week, and that while you are losing those 3 lbs, you kind of hover in a range for awhile, and then over time, that range keeps getting lower. Like at first, I was in the 173 - 175 range, then 171-173, etc. Now I am in the 163 -165 range. I know that you are not supposed to weigh yourself everyday, some people find it discouraging....but I find it helpful to keep me on track throughout the day, so that I stick to my plan 100%.

I guess that means that I've lost 11 lbs in one month, and that includes 5 days of falling off the wagon during my hubby's 50th birthday fishing derby celebrations......he's worth a 5 day setback, for sure. I would like to have all my weight off within 3 months of starting, so that puts my goal date at Nov. 13. 19 lbs to go!

What I eat:

Morning: Usually 175 g 2% plain yogurt
Half my seeds
100 grams fruit, usually berries
1 tsp Xylitol

I also must take an immune system booster called Immunocal (this is not part of my Sureslim plan) that has been a big part of my recovery from chronic illness. Because it contains 9 grams of protein, I will substitute the 2% yogurt for no-fat yogurt. Seems to be working for me.

Lunch: Big Salad.....organic greens, cucumber, 135 grams chopped raw broccoli, other half of my seeds, dressing made with tahini, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic and dry mustard powder. For protein I add chopped chicken, or my daily cheese allowance. Also add 5 whole almonds.

Supper: 12o grams chicken or fish, 155 grams veggie allowance, tossed salad greens.


I am no longer hungry between meals, and I often have a hard time finishing all my food, especially breakfast. The biggest mistake that I am making right now is not drinking enough water...I get busy and forget. But then I get a little constipated from all the fibre, and I remember what the problem is. So that is my goal this week, to drink more water.

Cheers til next week! And good luck to all of you who are travelling this weight loss road as well, especially Chrissy and Roxanne.

Much love,

Jeannie



No comments:

Post a Comment