Thursday, August 6, 2009

I would consider myself to be a typical Canadian mom. I'm 46, have two teenage boys ages 15 and 17, work with my husband in his business and look after kids, house, yard, transportation, bills, food, pets, recreation...you name it. And like many moms, I have been so busy looking after everything else that I have neglected to look after myself.

About 5 years ago, I became really run down and ended up with one of those chronic pain/fatigue syndromes that caused me to give up my stressful teaching job and stay home to look after the business. My husband is a VERY hard worker (won't say the "w....aholic" word, but you get the picture) and things were fairly chaotic around here. While I enjoyed being relieved of the stress of my job, I was still feeling really lousy. I tried exercising and being super strict and clean about what I ate, and while that helped me cope better, I was still not recovering from my illness. I was on tons of medications, and gaining an average of 7 pounds a year.

This past January I really crashed. I had just come through a stressful time with my son being in hospital, Christmas and excessive snow. I really felt like I was losing it! So I became deterimined to pursue good health as my New Year's resolution. I weaned myself off of all medication, cleaned up my eating even more, and began a regimine of cross-country skiing, yoga, and supplements including fish oil, and an amazing immune system booster called Immunocal to support my immune system and detox my body. Gradually, I began to feel a lot better......like ALOT better!!! The Immunocal was the biggest thing that helped me, especially clearing up my foggy brain and relieving my anxiety. But still, there was the extra weight!

So, now that I feel so much better, I need to get this weight off!! I have done everything that the "experts" say you should do....eat smaller meals, eat a balanced diet, no empty calories, exercise everyday, lots of veggies, no red meat .....ad nauseum!!! But I have not lost a single pound!!

Yesterday, I drove 2 hours to go to an info session at a SureSlim clinic in Victoria, BC. I plunked down my $795 and this morning I went and had my blood test.....you've seen the ads? It's not you, it's your metabolism. Well, I listened to the lady, what she said made sense and I'm ready to give it my all....I've already changed so much about my lifestyle, this is one more really important thing that I have to do for myself. So, read along and follow my journey!

I'm not embarrassed to say that right now I weigh 175 lbs and I am 5'5" tall. My goal is 145 lbs, so I need to lose 30 lbs to reach that. I'm doin' it!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! The money is more than worth it. And comparable to other programs if not better. I would love to follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete