Saturday, August 15, 2009

got my plan and getting started

Ok, so it has been a little over a week now since I had my blood work done, and I just received my plan yesterday. While I was waiting for it this past week, I still tried to follow the concepts, even though I didn't have an "official" customized plan for me yet. I ate all my meals with 5 hour breaks, no snacks, no booze, LOTS of water (like over 2 litres a day), no refined carbs or sugar (so no pasta or bread, only wild rice). The net result? I feel "un-polluted", way less bloated, sleep like a baby (even without my cherry juice sleep concoction) and much, much more clear headed. I did feel a little headache-ish, but I wasn't hungry at all. The best part is that I lost 4 lbs. just by doing that!!!

Ok, so now I have my plan, and last night I ate:

120 g chopped chicken
155 g raw veggies .....broccoli, cauli, cherry tomatoes
a few handfuls of salad greens
Dressing made with chopped garlic, mustard powder, 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar.

This was a HUGE salad....covered my whole dinner plate, and I could hardly finish it.

So for breaky this morning....

175 g plain yogurt
100 g raspberries
2 TBSP ground flaxseed
2 TBSP pumpkin seeds
2 TBSP sunflower seeds
( you eat a lot of seeds on this plan, and I'm also supposed to add 2 TBSP sesame seeds, but I have bought any yet)

Again....HUGE bowl for breakfast and I can hardly eat it all. I also had 2 cups of coffee sweetened with 1/2 tsp of Xylitol, and no cream....and I am now full. So because I finished at 7:30 am, I now must wait 5 hours before I can eat again...so 12:30.

Tonight is my first big challenge.....it is my Grandma's 95th birthday party and I have to get through the big family gathering without drinking beer or wine! Yikes!!! We'll see...I might not feel to good if I do, so maybe that will keep me on track!

TTYL~ Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment